William Nicol Ltd was established in 1935 by William, the father of our current owner, Bruce Nicol.
The company operated from a roadside garage in Kintore, west of Aberdeen and it provided transport services between local markets and businesses.
The business grew steadily and in 1957 moved to Pittodrie Street in Aberdeen. Here the company continued to expand and we extended our coverage from UK-wide to the whole of Europe.
In 2002, after further continuous growth and development, we moved to our current headquarters in Portlethen Industrial Estate, south of Aberdeen and established our Industrial Services Division on a three-acre site in Badentoy Industrial Park, Portlethen. The site includes a purpose built licensed waste transfer station and bulk product storage facilities.
2015 was our 80th anniversary and we are sure that our founder William would be extremely proud of the highly successful yet traditional and friendly company that we have become. As are we!